Mexican eggs benedict
4 egg yolks
3 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 pinch ground white pepper
1/8 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
dash of hot sauce
1 tablespoon water
1 cup butter, melted
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
8 strips Canadian-style bacon
4 English muffins, split
2 tablespoons butter, softened
- To Make Hollandaise: Fill the bottom of a double boiler part-way with water. Make sure that water does not touch the top pan. Bring water to a gentle simmer. In the top of the double boiler, whisk together egg yolks, lemon juice, white pepper, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce and 1 tablespoon water.
- Add the melted butter to egg yolk mixture 1 or 2 tablespoons at a time while whisking yolks constantly. If hollandaise begins to get too thick, add a teaspoon or two of hot water. Continue whisking until all butter is incorporated. Whisk in salt, then remove from heat. Place a lid on pan to keep sauce warm.
- Preheat oven on broiler setting. To Poach Eggs: Fill a large saucepan with 3 inches of water. Bring water to a gentle simmer, then add vinegar. Carefully break eggs into simmering water, and allow to cook for 2 1/2 to 3 minutes. Yolks should still be soft in center. Remove eggs from water with a slotted spoon and set on a warm plate
- While eggs are poaching, brown the bacon in a medium skillet over medium-high heat and toast the English muffins on a baking sheet under the broiler.
- Spread toasted muffins with softened butter, and top each one with a slice of bacon, followed by one poached egg. Place 2 muffins on each plate and drizzle with hollandaise sauce. Spoon the salsa on top. Serve.
- 6 Roma tomatoes, cut in half
- 4 garlic cloves, smashed
- 2 whole jalapenos, seeded, cut in half
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded, cut in half
- 1 red onion cut in half, peeled
- 2 dry ancho chiles, seeded, cut into short strips and snipped into pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Chili powder, salt, pepper to taste
- Fresh scallions, whole
- fresh cilantro
Pre-heat grill, and place tomatoes, jalepenos,red onion, red pepper, scallions on grill and char. When done place all ingrediants into a cuisinart or blender and pulse, until slightly chunky.