Diabetic pumpkin risotto
- 1 pint low salt Chicken or Vegetable Stock
- 10-1/2 ounces diced pumpkin or other turban squash
- 2 ounces onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 5 ounces arborio rice
- 2 fluid ounces dry white wine
- 1-1/4 ounces Romano cheese, grated
- Heat the stock in a medium saucepan.
- In a separate saucepan, sweat the pumpkin, onions, and garlic in a small amount of the stock until the onions are translucent.
- Add the rice and cook briefly.
- Stirring constantly over medium to low heat, add the remaining hot stock in 3 additions, making sure the rice absorbs each addition of stock before adding the next. When properly cooked, the risotto should have a creamy texture and be firm to the bite.
- Remove the risotto from the heat and stir in the Romano